A few years ago, I had a Shaklee table at a family consignment store event and although my main focus was on “Helping Kids Find Their Happy Face”, among the people who stopped to talk to me, there was a woman who had heard of Shaklee and knew they had cleaners. She had already shared with me that her child, about the age of 6, had many health issues, asthma and several allergies being amongst them. She asked about Shaklee’s cleaners because she had heard they were known for being the greenest products on the market and she had also heard about how chemicals in cleaners might have a direct effect on asthma/allergy symptoms in children.
I told her all about Basic H2, and how it could replace many of the cleaners she already uses, and also save her a lot of money. All of this seemed to really intrigue her, but then she asked me “Does it leave an after-scent or smell like you get with pine sol or other products? You know that clean smell that’s left behind?” Well, my answer was “No, it does an excellent job cleaning, as a matter of fact, it’s been proven to out-do many of the products on the market, but it’s so diluted that there is no “after-scent”. And I also mentioned that the scents left over from many of these other cleaners are due to the strong chemicals in them. She immediately, said “Oh….well, never mind…I just gotta have the clean smell afterwards.” And she walked away!
I stood there completely dumb-founded, because she had JUST told me about her child’s health issues! I thought to myself…..Really? What’s more important….your child’s health or to have a “clean” scent that lingers in your house for a while? (And seriously….that lingering scent is NOT really a clean scent!)
Now it’s one thing if a person honestly isn’t aware of the chemicals in most of cleaning products. Hell…I didn’t! Not until 22 years ago. But if you’ve been given the info, from a couple different sources, and have a chance to change it up AND save a whole lot of money….. for the benefit of your child or family, then why wouldn’t you?!
Here’s a video about a family who’s child developed asthma and then it went away completely once they got the chemicals out of their house and switched to Shaklee’s Get Clean products!
Shaklee’s Get Clean products have biodegradable surfactants, which means they break down easily instead of hanging out in the ground for hundreds of years. And they don’t contain any of the ingredients listed below, which are harmful to you and the planet:
SAFE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SAFE FOR THE PLANET
* Nontoxic * Sustainable ingredients from natural sources
* No harmful fumes * Biodegradable surfactants
* Hypoallergenic * Recyclable packaging
* No volatile organic cleaning compounds * Recyclable wipes
* Formulated without hazardous chemicals such as: * Recyclable dryer sheets
* Kerosene * No phosphates
* Phenol * No nitrates
* Cresol * No borates
* Lye * No volatile organic cleaning compounds
* Hydrochloric acid * No animal testing
* Sulfuric acid
* Petroleum distillates
* Free sodium hydroxide
* Butyl cellosolve
* Phosphoric acid
And here’s some information you might not know!
* More than 90% of poison exposures happen at home.
* Common chlorine bleach is the #1 household chemical involved in poisonings.
* Organic pollutants–found in many household products, including common cleaners and even air fresheners–are found at levels 2 to 5 times higher inside your home than out.
* A person who spends 15 minutes cleaning scale off shower walls could inhale 3 times the “acute one-hour exposure limit” for glycol ether-containing products set by the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment.
Anyway….if you know anyone either looking for truly green cleaners, OR just simply want to save a lot of money on their cleaners, click here: Shaklee’s Get Clean, and you can read more info in this previous post!
Editor’s Note: The contents of this blog post are an expression of my own personal opinion and experiences, including any mention of Shaklee’s products, and none of the contents and/or claims herein are endorsed by the Shaklee Corporation.